The Center for Freshwater Studies (CFS) was established to coalesce interests of UA faculty with expertise in different areas of freshwater studies and to provide a focus and organized structure for interdisciplinary research and education. Currently 43 faculty from units within 4 colleges participate in the CFS and contribute expertise in biogeochemistry, biodiversity, conservation, ecology, geochemistry, geography, geology, hydrology, water policy/law, and water resources management.
Items of Interest
- CFS Fall 2013 Flyer
- NOAA National Water Center on UA Campus
- UA Home to New NOAA Water Center
- CFS Spring 2011 Newsletter
- Aquatic Biology at UA.
- Benke, A.C. and C.E. Cushing. 2005. Rivers of North America. Elsevier Academic Press.
- UA News Article about Rivers of North America
- Information on contributed chapters by UA faculty.
- The CFS is a member of the Association of Ecosystem Research Centers (AERC).